Welcome to MicrobeWiki
MicrobeWiki is a free wiki resource on microbes and microbiology, edited by students and monitored by microbiologists at Kenyon College. We invite you to use our MicrobeWiki to study the microbial world with us. You are encouraged to add information, after registering a free account.
Educators: You may assign MicrobeWiki page creation and editing as projects for your students. We create a template page for your assignment, which you may edit to meet your needs. See for example the pages created by the following classes:
- BIOL 375 Virology, Joan L. Slonczewski, Kenyon College
- BIOL 238 Project Index 2016, Joan L. Slonczewski, Kenyon College
- BI 230 Microbiology, Dr. Kirk Bartholomew, Sacred Heart University
- Genetic Microbiology, Mary Glogowski, Loyola University Chicago
- MICB301, Dr. William Mohn, University of British Columbia
- Microbial Ecology, Dr. Jay Lennon, Indiana University
- SSC111 Soil Microbiology, Kate Scow, University of California, Davis
- Microbial Ecology, Dr. Hidetoshi Urakawa, Florida Gulf Coast University
Your students receive individual passwords. Assessment and grading are up to you; after your class is over, we review pages for our standards. Students of all levels, from first-year to graduate students, have contributed pages to our site.
MicrobeWiki includes these modules:
Microbial Biorealm: encylopedia of bacteria, archaea and eukaryotic microbes. See also Taxonomy Index.
Viral Biorealm: encyclopedia of viruses of animals and plants, and bacteriophages. See also Taxonomy Index.
Microbial World News: highlights of microbiology in the news.
Microbial Mythology: common errors and controversies in microbiology.
Kenyon Student Editors
Kristina Buschur, '11, Ryo Tashiro '09, Molly Schlemmer '08, Shrochis Karki '09, Drew Taber3, Allison Whipple '06, Zeva Levine1, Laura Damon-Moore1, Ariel Kahrl2, Hannah Sacks '08, Michael Stulberg '05, Casey M. Smith '06, and Shana Scogin '07
Copyright notice. Readers may view, browse, and/or download material for
noncommercial personal purposes. Please credit our site for use. Materials on our site obtained with permission from other sources require permission from those sources
for further reproduction.
Disclaimer. Information on this site is provided solely for educational purposes. Medical questions should be referred to a physician.