Sorry, my bad. I didn't read your comment (I'm still learning to navigate these pages). I hope you didn't do too much preparation.
Looking good. It would be good to include the N fixers under symbiotic organisms. You may not need so much detail under the root exudates: all that could be included under just one major heading.
Kate Scow 01:42, 10 March 2008 (UTC)
The Rhizoplane, Rhizosphere, and Physical Environment Sections I was planning on doing have been completed by Amber. Therefore, I have changed my topics to Plant Exudates, Microbial Communities, and Mycorrhizal Fungi. Please let me know if you intend to take these topics so I do not do anymore unnecessary work. Thanks. Metotman 22:28, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
I edited the outline to better match the recommendations of Prof. Scow (see below). I will be responsible for the following topics: Introduction, Rhizoplane, Physical Environment (under Rhizosphere), Fungi (under Microbial Communities), and Mycorrhizal Fungi (under Symbiotic Relationships). I will assume the rest of you are OK with this unless I hear otherwise from you. Metotman 20:17, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
IMPORTANT NOTE ON ADDING COMMENTS TO DISCUSSION PAGE
- Add new comments to the TOP of the discussion page, so that we have newest comments first.
- After your comment, type four tilde marks ( ~~~~ ). This displays the time and your user name, so that we can tell who left the comment and when.
- At the end of your comment, type four hyphens "----" to create a line to separate your comment from the next commentator.
- Make a note on this page below the comment after you've addressed it. Add the ( ~~~~ ) after your note so we know who addressed the comment. Your note could look something like .. "Good idea, we fixed it.Irina C 23:05, 6 March 2008 (UTC)" or "I don't think we need to do this because.. Irina C 23:05, 6 March 2008 (UTC)"
And of course include the inoculants as its own subheading. Kate Scow
I would suggest a modification to your outline something along these lines......
- The soil environment associated with plants (?)
- rhizosphere (this would be bulk of your effort; under rhizosphere heading you could have..)
- physical environment
- plant exudates
- microbial communities
- other ? not really necessary
- Biotic interactions in the rhizosphere
- General impacts on plants of rhizosphere microorganisms
- General impacts on rhizosphere microorganisms of plant
- Symbiotic relationships
- mycorrhizal fungi
Other members of my group- I just chose three topics because I lost the list or never wrote it down. I'm not trying to set this in stone, I can reserach whatever, just let me know) 14:52, 9 February 2008 user:Metotman