Great job root people! This seems like a tough topic to tackle with so much going on, but I think this page looks great. A couple comments: I remember from class Kate was saying that the rhizosphere zone (or distance from the root) will vary depending on what soil feature you’re looking at, and that the root shaking is more of an operationally defined approach for laboratory methods. This might be worth mentioning in the intro…just a thought….—Also, for the microbial community section, you may want to elaborate a little bit more on the bacteria and fungi sections? Maybe even just some pictures to beef up those sections a bit. Great job overall! -Heather
MAybe you guys could include some pretty pictures of the different kinds of organisms, fungi u talked about. -David La Dtla 02:48, 14 March 2008 (UTC)````
Also you page may benefit from the addition of a picture to show what mychorrizae look likeNjppatel 18:31, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
Information looks good, however i heard that mychorrizae can increase the disease resistance of some plant species, if true you may want to incorporate that into the page. I would add more information regarding the mutualistic relationship between plants and the fungi.Njppatel 18:30, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
I saw some errors on the words, such as rizoplane, risosphere.And you miss some references in Reference section. For example, (Martin, 2008),(Rodreguez, 2008) Tantayotai 00:58, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
Overall you all did a good job, my one comment is, if you could add more to the section on the Microbial communities I beleive it would strenthen the pageCalgilbert 15:43, 12 March 2008 (UTC)
Sorry, my bad. I didn't see your comment. I hope you didn't do too much preparation. Alorloff 07:48, 10 March 2008 (UTC)
Looking good. It would be good to include the N fixers under symbiotic organisms. You may not need so much detail under the root exudates: all that could be included under just one major heading.
Kate Scow 01:42, 10 March 2008 (UTC)
The Rhizoplane, Rhizosphere, and Physical Environment Sections I was planning on doing have been completed by Amber. Therefore, I have changed my topics to Plant Exudates, Microbial Communities, and Mycorrhizal Fungi. Please let me know if you intend to take these topics so I do not do anymore unnecessary work. Thanks. Metotman 22:28, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
I edited the outline to better match the recommendations of Prof. Scow (see below). I will be responsible for the following topics: Introduction, Rhizoplane, Physical Environment (under Rhizosphere), Fungi (under Microbial Communities), and Mycorrhizal Fungi (under Symbiotic Relationships). I will assume the rest of you are OK with this unless I hear otherwise from you. Metotman 20:17, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
IMPORTANT NOTE ON ADDING COMMENTS TO DISCUSSION PAGE
- Add new comments to the TOP of the discussion page, so that we have newest comments first.
- After your comment, type four tilde marks ( ~~~~ ). This displays the time and your user name, so that we can tell who left the comment and when.
- At the end of your comment, type four hyphens "----" to create a line to separate your comment from the next commentator.
- Make a note on this page below the comment after you've addressed it. Add the ( ~~~~ ) after your note so we know who addressed the comment. Your note could look something like .. "Good idea, we fixed it.Irina C 23:05, 6 March 2008 (UTC)" or "I don't think we need to do this because.. Irina C 23:05, 6 March 2008 (UTC)"
And of course include the inoculants as its own subheading. Kate Scow
I would suggest a modification to your outline something along these lines......
- The soil environment associated with plants (?)
- rhizosphere (this would be bulk of your effort; under rhizosphere heading you could have..)
- physical environment
- plant exudates
- microbial communities
- other ? not really necessary
- Biotic interactions in the rhizosphere
- General impacts on plants of rhizosphere microorganisms
- General impacts on rhizosphere microorganisms of plant
- Symbiotic relationships
- mycorrhizal fungi
Other members of my group- I just chose three topics because I lost the list or never wrote it down. I'm not trying to set this in stone, I can reserach whatever, just let me know) 14:52, 9 February 2008 user:Metotman