- DSM 28040
- LMG 27940
- Pseudomonas granadensis Pascual et al. 2015
- Pseudomonas sp. F-278,770
- strain F-278,770
Genus species: Pseudomonas granadensis
Latitude: 30.26 degrees Longitude: 97.69 degrees
It was a clear day with a temperature of 64 degrees in the area of Govalle, East Austin on January 25th 2018. A ziplock bag was used to collect the soil from the area mostly from the surface about one inch deep. The location of the soil sample chosen was in a neighborhood field often frequented by dogs. Rainfall was 0.0" and the pressure was 35.35". The description of the location was mostly Bergstrom soils and urban land. 0-2% slopes and rarely flooded.
Description and Significance
The colonial characteristics of the organism are described as follows: circular, convex, and entire margins. Caramel in color with no extracelluar pigment and a shiny, mucoid appearance. To determine the extent of the antimicrobial activity of the organism, further testing would be needed as there was only some clearing when tested.
A unique characteristic of this gram-negative aerobe is its polar flagellum, although some have two polar flagella. There was no discernible arrangement of the cocci bacterium
Describe the size and content of the genome. How many chromosomes? Circular or linear? Other interesting features? What is known about its sequence? Include S Ribosomal sequence that you obtained from PCR and sequencing here.
ED2-Reverse_B05.ab1 ACCGTCCTCCCGAAGGTTAGACTAGCTACTTCTGGTGCAACCCACTCCCATGGTGTGACGGGCGGTGTGTACAAGGCCCGGGA ACGTATTCACCGCGACATTCTGATTCGCGATTACTAGCGATTCCGACTTCACGCAGTCGAGTTGCAGACTGCGATCCGGACTACG ATCGGTTTTATGGGATTAGCTCCACCTCGCGGCTTGGCAACCCTTTGTACCGACCATTGTAGCACGTGTGTAGCCCAGGCCGTA AGGGCCATGATGACTTGACGTCATCCCCACCTTCCTCCGGTTTGTCACCGGCAGTCTCCTTAGAGTGCCCACCATTACGTGCTG GTAACTAAGGACAAGGGTTGCGCTCGTTACGGGACTTAACCCAACATCTCACGACACGAGCTGACGACAGCCATGCAGCACCTG TCTCAATGTTCCCGAAGGCACCAATCCATCTCTGGAAAGTTCATTGGATGTCAAGGCCTGGTAAGGTTCTTCGCGTTGCTTCGAA TTAAACCACATGCTCCACCGCTTGTGCGGGCCCCCGTCAATTCATTTGAGTTTTAACCTTGCGGCCGTACTCCCCAGGCGGTCA ACTTAATGCGTTAGCTGCGCCACTAAGAGCTCAAGGCTCCCAACGGCTAGTTGACATCGTTTACGGCGTGGACTACCAGGGTAT CTAATCCTGTTTGCTCCCCACGCTTTCGCACCTCAGTGTCAGTATCAGTCCAGGTGGTCGCCTTCGCCACTGGTGTTCCTTCCTA TATCTACGCATTTCACCGCTACACAGGAAATTCCACCACCCTCTACCATACTCTAGCTCGCCAGTTTTGGATGCAGTTCCCAGGT TGAGCCCGGGGATTTCACATCCAACTTAACGAACCACCTACGCGCGCTTTACGCCCAGTAATTCCGATTAACGCTTGCACCCTC TGTATTACCGCG
Cell Structure, Metabolism and Life Cycle
Interesting features of cell structure; how it gains energy; what important molecules it produces.
Physiology and Pathogenesis
BIOCHEMICAL TEST RESULTS
- Phenol Red Broth Tests: Glucose: positive; Lactose: negative; Sucrose: negative
- Starch Hydrolysis Test: negative
- Casein Hydrolysis Test: negative
- Gelatin Hydrolysis Test: positive
- DNA Hydrolysis Test: slight positive
- Lipid Hydrolysis Test: positive
- Methyl Red Test: negative
- Voges Proskauer Test: negative
- Citrate Test: positive
- SIM Tests: negative for all
- Nitrate Reduction: negative
- Urea Hydrolysis: negative
- Triple Sugar Iron Agar: negative for all
- Oxidase Test: negative
- Eosin Methylene Blue Agar (EMB) Test: positive
- Hektoen Enteric Agar (HE) Test: negative
- MacConkey Agar Test: negative
- Decarboxylation Tests: Arginine: no change; Lysine: negative; Orinithine: negative
- Phenylalanine Deaminase Test: negative
- Catalase Test: negative
- Blood Agar Test: slight positive
- Mannitol Salt Agar (MSA) Test: negative
- Phenylethyl Alcohol Agar (PEA) Test: negative
- Bacitracin/Optochin Susceptibility Test: Bacitracin: resistant; Optochin: resistant
- Bile Esculin Test: negative
- 6.5% Salt Tolerance Test: slight positive
[Sample reference] Takai, K., Sugai, A., Itoh, T., and Horikoshi, K. "Palaeococcus ferrophilus gen. nov., sp. nov., a barophilic, hyperthermophilic archaeon from a deep-sea hydrothermal vent chimney". International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology. 2000. Volume 50. p. 489-500.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25410940, "Pseudomonas granadensis sp. nov., a new bacterial species isolated from the Tejeda, Almijara and Alhama Natural Park, Granada, Spain". PubMed.gov. Epub 2014 Nov 19.
Page authored by Diane Marques and Emma Riegle, students of Prof. Kristine Hollingsworth at Austin Community College.